About the University Archives
The University Archives (UA) safeguards the institutional memory of the Ateneo de Manila University as the central repository of official and historical records and other related materials. This is in recognition that records are assets of the University and needs to be preserved in order to document its institutional history and development through the years.
The UA aims to:
- to acquire records with permanent archival value that will chronicle the institutional history of the University;
- to organize the archival records based on accepted standards in archival arrangement and description;
- to increase the availability and accessibility of the archival collection of the UA to the different members of the University community and other eligible researchers;
- to provide a safe and secured environment for the long-term preservation of records;
- to improve the base of support of the UA though the formation projects and linkages within and outside the University.