Job Opportunity: ASoG Research Assistant
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Unit: Ateneo School of Government (ASOG)
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
Duration: Six Months
Report to: Dean
I. Brief Description
ASOG is the public sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University whose long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public servants to build prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in the Philippines empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASOG's academic and executive education programs bridge the gap between the classroom wisdom and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research and extension programs, and working with public, private and community organizations, it develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches that change the mindsets and systems in such areas as leadership, poverty eradication, climate change and environment, social accountability, and politics.
II. Scope of Work
The Research Assistant is responsible for providing research and technical assistance to the
selected project/s of the School:
- Provide assistance to the Dean in the development of research outputs such as policy briefs, briefing notes, presentations, empirical papers, and other research outputs, specifically by conducting reviews and analyses of literature, data gathering (may include development of research instruments; conduct of field interviews, surveys, FGDs; review of literature, etc), as well as data analysis and write-up;
- Provide administrative/logistical support for academic events organized by the Dean, which may include but are not limited to conferences, seminars, and research colloquia;
- Continuous development and maintenance of databases (e.g. database of partners, conferences, experts) for the continuing expansion of networks;
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Dean and his authorized representative similar to, and related to the functions enumerated above.
Applicants for the Research Assistant position must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Economics;
- Strong analytical skills and appreciation of development and economic issues/concerns;
- Knowledgeable on the use of statistical software such as STATA and SPSS;
- Graphics presentation skills is an advantage;
- Can efficiently handle and deliver outputs with minimum supervision;
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English;
- Has excellent organizational skills and able to contribute to team research processes.
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government;
- Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers;
- Sample written work.