COMPENSATION HEAD at the Office of Human Resource Management and Organization Development
Under the general guidance of the OHRMOD Director, and direct supervision of the Total Rewards Section Head, the Compensation Head is responsible for the:
· Conduct of salary data analytics, assessment, and recommendation, based on systemic and systematic approach data analysis of the University landscape
· Benchmark studies pertaining to salary structures
1. Compensation Design
· Prepares data that will aid the Total Rewards Section Head in salary planning and forecasting.
· Determines short- and long-term strategies for the University’s compensation plans, in coordination with the Section Head for Total Rewards.
· Conducts salary benchmark studies and salary reviews, and makes recommendations on the University’s compensation design and strategies.
· Recommends policies and guidelines to ensure the integrity and consistency of application of the University Salary Scale and Structure.
2. Compensation Administration
· Ensures the accurate implementation and administration of the University’s Salary Structures.
· Computes the job pricing for new item requests during Budget season.
· Prepares computation of compensation details of University employees and affiliated Jesuit organizations.
· Attends to queries regarding salaries and professional fees, and provides advice/guidance on compensation-related matter.
3. Compensation Review and Evaluation
· Computes for different proposals during the collective bargaining.
· Computes for different permutations of, and implements the approved, General/Merit Increases
· Analyzes employee data and trends to generate recommendations, guide decision-making, and support the Section’s programs
4. Records and Systems Data Management
· Safeguards the Partner Units Total Rewards data (soft and hardcopies).
· Assists in training HR personnel in Partner Units with access to certain modules of the HR information system.
· Coordinates with the University’s ITRMO for the maintenance of the HR information system, the migration of data from different information databases, and the (de)activation of employee email accounts.
5. Management of Special Projects and Events
· Conducts orientation for newly hired/ newly permanent employees regarding University Compensation.
6. School/Unit-based Account Management
· Facilitates the communication between the school unit and concerned sections of OHRMOD.
· Partners with a non-academic VP cluster for their HR-related concerns and requirements.
7. Attends to other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· At least 8 years of relevant technical experience, 3 years of which is in compensation design
· Proficiency in accounting, cost estimation, budget management
· Knowledge of compensation and benefits practices and policies
· Knowledge of labor laws as it pertains to employee compensation
· Knowledge of market-based, pay-for-performance compensation strategies
· Mastery in systems thinking, planning & organization, monitoring, coordination, supervision, and networking
· Analytical and critical thinking skills
· Attention to details
· Strong sense of urgency balanced with quality-result orientation
· Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
· People management skills
· Technologically savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), and able to learn/utilize any HRIS database