LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN COMMUNITIES FIELD OFFICER at the School of Medicine and Public Health
Under the supervision of the LEC Coordinator and the Assistant to the Associate Dean, the LEC Field Officer acts as the designated official representative of ASMPH who is in charge of the general field and administrative operations related to LEC partnerships between the ASMPH and the NGOs/POs/CBCs/Schools for year levels 7 and 8.
A. LEC Program Support
· Identifies the key person within the NGOs/POs/CBGs/Schools who will serve as field preceptor for the ASMPH students.
· Assesses the communities that the NGOs/POs/CBGs/Schools are working in and their suitability to the LEC program.
· Co-facilitates with the LEC Coordinator the official LEC orientation for the new partner organizations before the start of the school year, mid and end-year plenary activities, and year end gathering.
· Provides logistical support for the said activities including scheduling, invitations to participants, venue reservations, meals, tokens, etc.
· Facilitates the LEC STRAMA Oral Presentation and Defense for YL8; coordinates with and invites the field preceptors from the partner organizations-communities to attend.
· Prepares the Memorandum of Agreement between the NGOs/POs/CBGs/Schools and the ASMPH, delivers the MOAs to the partner organizations and ADMU offices for signature and routing, processes the notarization of duly accomplished MOAs.
· Coordinates the schedule of the ASMPH students with the field preceptors from partner organization-communities and the ASMPH-ACED Field Officer on LEC
· Conducts regular supervision and monitoring visits to the NGOs/POs/CBGs/Schools and their respective communities.
· Facilities the relationship between ASMPH including its faculty and students and the NGOs/POs/CBGs/Schools
· Monitors the activities of the ASMPH students together with the identified field preceptor of the NGO/PO/CBG/School.
· Prepares and oversees the completion of the LEC student assessment forms by the partner organization-communities and the ASMPH YL8 LEC Faculty Preceptors
· Attends to related clerical work on the ASMPH students’ and partner organizations’ evaluation of LEC (i.e., encoding evaluation forms, content analysis of synthesis and reflection papers)
· Prepares and oversees the completion of the evaluation of LEC forms by the partner organization-communities that have completed the 2-year LEC cycle.
B. Administrative and Faculty Support
· Provides regular reports to ASMPH on the status of the partnership and the activities of the students.
· Provides inputs and insights to help improve the partnership and the learning experiences of the students in the community.
· Validates the regular activity and progress reports of students with the field preceptors from partner organization-communities.
· Assists the ASMPH Faculty Preceptors when conducting field visit to partner organization-communities
· Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of the partnership between ASMPH and the LEC partners
· Oversees the completion of the student assessment forms by the partner organizations-communities
· Attends to related clerical work on students’ grade on the LEC (i.e., encoding, excel calculations and summary, submission to faculty coordinators, others)
· Provides logistical and administrative support for school-wide events (e.g., school opening ceremony, graduation)
C. Financial/Budget Documentation Support
· Follows up with the Central Accounting Office payments made, coordinates its status, and when necessary, arranges for bank deposits and delivery of checks
· Prepares reference materials for the yearly budget requests of the LEC program
D. Performs other related tasks that may be assigned by the immediate superior
1. Bachelor’s degree (Social Science or Management course), preferably Community or Social Work
2. At least 2 years of relevant work experience in community development
3. Computer literacy in MS Office applications
4. Experience working in an academic setting is an advantage
5. Community/Social Development orientation
6. Skills in the following:
· Organize and keen to details
· Technological Savvy
· Documentation and Records Management