Graduate Level Tuition and Fees
Loyola Schools Graduate Programs
Effective I and II Semester SY 2016-2017 and Intersession 2017
ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE AT REGISTRATION TIME
Tuition (per unit) – credit
Tuition (per credit unit) for Teachers and Academicians
Tuition (3 units) for online and hybrid Journalism courses
*for online Journalism courses, Tuition (3 units) for
Teachers and Academicians is P14,164.75
|Basis Fees to be paid by all|
Library: For credit (per unit)
beyond 8 units
For those taking the Comprehensive Examinations
For those enrolled in Thesis/Dissertation
Internet Access Fee
|Testing Fee (New Students) (up to May 31, 2017)||695.00|
|Special Testing Fee (up to May 31, 2017)||1,030.00|
Development Fee for
taking >6 units
taking <=6 units
taking >6 units
taking <=6 units
Communication (TV/Radio Workshop)
Major Courses I
Major Courses II
Computer Sciences (1 course)
(2 courses and more)
|Language (per unit)||384.40|
|Breakage Deposit (balance refundable)||830.85 / 415.40|
|Residency Library fee||2,348.55|
|Late Registration, additional fee||250.00|
|Master’s Degree Students (MA/MS/Master)|
|Comprehensive Examination Fee||595.50|
Thesis Direction per semester until
completion of thesis (min of 2 semesters)
Thesis Direction for those submitting
four scholarly papers (per semester)
|Oral Defense of Thesis (3)||4,802.50|
|Psychology 296 Oral Defense Fee||3,312.05|
|EM 298: Master’s Project Oral Defense Fee||3,312.05|
|Late Thesis Clearing Fee||9,183.95|
|Doctoral Degree Students|
|Comprehensive Examination Fee||1,191.00|
|Research Seminar Fee (PhD in Chem)||11,668.65|
|Psychology Research Seminar||3,125.85|
|Dissertation Direction Fee per semester||11,448.00|
|Oral Defense for Dissertation (4)||8,611.65|
|Late Dissertation Clearing Fee||11,442.35|
International Student Fee per Semester
(for non-Philippine Passport holders-resident & non-resident
1. The regulations governing the payment of tuition and other fees are issued from time to time by the Office of the Treasurer.
2. The Loyola Schools complies with all CHED requirements regarding increases in tuition and fees.
3. While check payments are encouraged, it is the responsibility of the drawer to see that it is properly made out. In the event that a check is returned for any reason, there is a service charge of P250.00. Should a check be dated after the regular registration period, a late registration fee will be charged, checks should be made payable to the Ateneo de Manila University.
4. Students are not considered officially enrolled until they have paid the assessed amount of tuition and fees or in the case of scholars, submitted the duly approved Financial Aid Form to the Central Accounting Office. Only officially enrolled students are allowed to attend their classes.
5. No students shall be allowed to receive any degree, diploma, or certificate, nor be given a transcript of academic records, unless all financial obligations to the Loyola Schools have been settled.
Estimated Cost of Graduate Studies
Based on Tuition & Fees for SY 2016-2017
Actual cost may be or less than the figures given below; please note that tuition and fees increase by about 6% yearly.
Students who enroll for coursework or other requirements (comprehensive, thesis oral defense, etc.) have to pay miscellaneous fees ranging from P1,600 to P2,600, covering registration, internet and development fees.
The cost of coursework is about P13,500 for every 3-unit subject, excluding laboratory and seminar fees.
A student who will enroll for the comprehensive exams alone pays around P3,200.00.
For the thesis work, the first enrollment in Thesis Direction costs about P16,200.00. The second enrollment with oral defense, binding fee, and graduation an diploma fees is about P23,200.00. These amounts exclude laboratory fees and thesis reproduction costs. Thus 2 semesters of Thesis Direction cost about P40,000 (plus laboratory fees, if any, and binding fees for the thesis copies).
For students in the non-thesis program, rates for the final project, paper, research, practicum, etc., vary from program to program. The rate for a 3-unit course of thesis direction may apply. Students may also be required for oral defense before a panel.
The cost of coursework is equivalent to that for master’s students. (See above)
A student who will enroll for the comprehensive exams alone pays P3,800.00.
For dissertation work, the first enrollment in Dissertation Direction costs about P17,000.00. The second enrollment with oral defense, binding fee, and graduation and diploma fees is about P26,00.00. This excludes laboratory fees and thesis reproduction costs. Thus 2 semesters of Dissertation Direction cost about P43,000 (plus laboratory fees, if any, and binding fees for the dissertation copies).
50% Tuition Scholarship
For Loyola Schools Filipino master’s students who are teachers or academicians who qualify for the 50% tuition scholarship, deduct P4,991.55 for every 3-unit subject, except for the MA journalism on-line and hybrid subjects. The estimated amount tuition fee for 3 units is around P8,500.
Fees for Journalism
For the MA Journalism on-line and hybrid subjects, the tuition fee for 3 units is P18,839.95. Students of these courses also pay registration and development fees.
International Students (non-Philippine passport holder - resident and non-resident) pay an International Student Fee of P5,000.00 per semester.