Job Opportunity: ASoG Research Associate (Legal)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Unit: Ateneo School of Government (ASOG)
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
Duration: Six Months
Employment Type: Part-Time Consultant
Report to: Dean
I. Brief Description
ASOG is the public sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University whose long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public servants to build prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in the Philippines empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASOG's academic and executive education programs bridge the gap between the classroom wisdom and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research and extension programs, and working with public, private and community organizations, it aims to develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches that change the mindsets and systems in such areas as leadership, poverty eradication, climate change and environment, social accountability, and politics.
II. Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Dean, the Research Associate is expected to contribute to the implementation of the project on judicial reforms and business and economic efficiency. This research aims to examine the extent by which land assets are entwined with court decisions, the factors that affect the landscape, and identify what judicial reforms might be able to reduce the period of time land assets are tied up.
The Research Associate is expected to:
- Provide assistance to the Dean in the development of the research paper, specifically by conducting reviews and analyses of literature, data gathering (may include development of research instruments; conduct of field interviews, surveys, FGDs; review of literature, etc), as well as data analysis and write-up;
- Provide administrative/logistical support for academic events related to the project;
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Dean and his authorized representative similar to, and related to the functions enumerated above.
Applicants for the Research Associate position must have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Law or ongoing completion of a Bachelor of Laws degree, background in Economics is an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills and appreciation of development, law, and economic issues/concerns;
- Graphics presentation skills is an advantage;
- Can efficiently handle and deliver outputs with minimum supervision;
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English;
- Has excellent organizational skills and able to contribute to team research processes.
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government;
- Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers;
- Sample written work.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com with “Applicant- Research Associate” as subject.