OFFICE ASSISTANT at the Department of Political Science
Under the direct supervision of the Chairperson and Associate Chair of the Department, the Office Assistant II performs office and clerical responsibilities to support the daily operations of the department
1. Frontline Support
· Responds to student’s inquiries about course curricula, academic load, activities, Minors and shifting requirements, etc.
2. Office Clerical Support
· Assists in reservation of venue, equipment, and catering for departmental talks, forums/meetings
· Conducts and encodes courses and faculty evaluation for undergraduate and graduate level (Intersession and regular semester)
· Assists in the preparation of OC, honorarium and liquidation reports as needed
· Assists in preparing of flyers, brochures, posters and other promotional material for department course recruitment/promotions and activities sponsored by the department
3. Departmental Support
· Assists during academic advisements and semestral online and regular registration.
· Routes correspondences, documents and other matters to different university offices, as may be needed
· Provides logistical assistance in the departmental research, outreach (including service learning), short programs, seminars and workshops as well as other Department specific projects
· Assists in scheduling of meetings with the faculty members, students, and visitors
· Provides assistance to the Department Secretaries as needed
· Assists the Department Secretary in collating LT, Quizes, Final exams and comprehensive exams for Intersession, 1st semester and Second Semester
· Assists the Departments in presentations, talks and activities as needed
· Provides logistical support for the Minor Programs talks and make-up classes, as needed.
· Ensures upkeep of the office.
4. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Management and Development
- With experience working in the Loyola School
- With related Office and Program Management experience an advantage
- Accounting background will be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office application
- Must have coordination and people management skills
- Has a good command of the English language (oral & written)