OFFICE ASSISTANT SUPPORT FOR BUDGET at the Office of the VP for the Loyola Schools
Reports to the Vice President for the Loyola Schools(VPLS) but under the overall supervision of the Assistant to the Vice President (ATVP) and under the day-to-day supervision of the Administrative Assistant for Finance and Budget (AA-FB) of the OVPLS.
2. Handles the preliminary screening, preparation and consolidation of budget requests.
3. Assists the AA-FB in the preparation of budget reports as required by the LS budget committees and the University Budget Committee.
4. Assists the AA-FB in the monitoring of the DCB accounts, CHED grants and Endowment Funds and in ensuring appropriate use of budget allocation and compliance with protocols.
5. Performs support services in cooperation with the other staff members of the OVPLS for day-to-day operations, such as Faculty Day, Freshman Parents Orientation, LS Christmas Fellowship, Graduation, etc.
6. Provides full assistance to the AA-FB, the ATVP, and the VPLS as required for other services and special assignments.
b. Consolidates the requests of administrative offices and schools’ budget.
c. Prepares the budget request of the OVPLS in coordination with the OVPLS Clusters (i.e. Formation, HR-Support, Finance and QA) and the ATVP and VPLS
d. Schedules and informs budget committee members of meetings.
e. Prepares materials for the budget committee meetings.
f. Prepares the minutes/records proceedings of LS Budget committees’ meetings.
3. Maintenance of Budget Database/Files
a. Updates historical data on tuition and fees, enrollment, etc.
b. Maintain budget files.
2. Prepares documents to support the Loyola Schools Proposed Tuition Fee Increase for the approval of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
3. Prepares/mails letters to parents regarding approved schedule of tuition and fees.
4. Attends to queries of students, parents and outsiders regarding tuition and fees.
2. Performs other clerical and secretarial services for OVPLS and LS-wide sponsored and University sponsored activities in cooperation with the other OVPLS staff.Performs other work-related duties assigned by the ATVP or by the VPLS.
3. Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
1. Graduate of any Commerce or Business related course
2. With at least 2 years work experience preferably in an academic institution, or in a reputable company
3. Proficient, keen, and trustworthy in handling budget data.
4. Knowledgeable with Accounting policies and procedures
5. With good organizational and analytical skills.
6. With good interpersonal skills/team-player.
7. With good oral and communication skills.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office software/applications.
9. Accounting work experience is an advantage.
10. Work experience in Loyola Schools most preferred/an advantage