SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST at the Office of Guidance and Counseling
Under the supervision of the Director of the Office of Guidance and Counseling of the Loyola Schools, the School Psychologist provides diagnostic and psychological support services to the student of the Loyola Schools.
1. Diagnostic and Psychological Support Services:
· Conducts the intake interview for students who need psychological attention and support.
· Provides regular counseling and/or other appropriate forms of therapy.
· Undertakes clinical assessment and case analysis, administering additional clinical tools when needed.
2. Administrative and Coordination Support Services
· Coordinates with ADSAS in informing parents or guardians of students who need close monitoring/supervision.
· Conducts case conference with the appropriate parties (family or parents, school administrators, affected parties, other professionals).
· Makes referrals to and coordinates closely with other professionals, when needed.
· May take on 24/7 duties of coordinating emergency calls or be at the scene as the protocol for emergencies may dictate.
3. Documentation and Evaluation Support Services
· Evaluates fitness to resume studies of counselees under their charge who went on leave due to clinically diagnosed syndromes.
· Prepares the Transfer of Information document (Morphe) for the signature of the parent or guardian when the need arises.
4. Research and Implementation Support Services
· Conducts research related to special concerns of students, as needed.
· Conducts Risks assessments and performs crisis intervention.
1. Licensed/Certified Psychologist
2. With Masters of Arts in Psychology
3. With at least five (5) years supervised experience in the practice of psychology (psychotherapy, research, assessment, design, and implementation of training/formation modules, development of guidance materials, and other forms of psychological intervention such as debriefing and community building).
4. With advance skills in assessment (administering inkblot and thematic apperception tests, writing integrated results, giving feedback).