TECHNICAL HEAD (Ateneo Professional Schools)
Under the Supervision of the Campus Construction Management and Technical Services Section Head, the Technical Head establishes, institutionalizes, sustains, and upholds processes and systems intended to continuously improve matters concerning the School Unit assigned to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. LEADERSHIP ROLE
· Develops and manages deployed facilities management team, whether organic or outsourced, to achieve the School Unit’s objectives and ultimately support CFMO’s and the university’s over-all goals and initiatives
· Establishes and institutionalizes a process that will continually review and challenge status quo to achieve improvement in the section’s systems, processes and performance.
2. STRATEGIC ROLE
· Keeps abreast of new trends and new standards as far as comprehensive facilities management of buildings is concerned
· Ensures annual performance audit as one of the benchmarks for succeeding year’s goals.
· Develops and cascades action plans to the team in managing the buildings / complex
· Sets and pursues achievement of key results areas (KRA) for the unit and each individual member of the unit to support the unit’s mandates.
· Benchmarks performance of his team versus regional and/or global best practices on building facilities management.
· Reviews, updates, and/or drafts new policies related to building / complex operations
3. OPERATIONAL ROLE
· Develops and cascades to the team the unit’s and CFMO’s operating plans
· Sets, imposes, and ensures compliance to detailed performance metrics of the services provided to the unit.
· Is constantly aware of his/her team’s requirement and needed support and exerts best efforts to provide them.
· Coordinates with various other units, whether internal or external, for regular services that should be provided by his team
· Leads in collaboration and/or cooperation with various units, whether internal or external, for any initiatives requiring his/her expertise.
· Oversees the facilities/building’s daily operations and provides guidance on any technical concerns and requirements.
· Assesses the team’s performance by getting feedback from units served. This includes monitoring performance by the internal maintenance team as well as outsourced service providers.
· Manages the budget and resources allocated for the team/unit. Establishes and institutionalizes a process that will continually review systems and processes for efficient spending.
· Directly manages / supervises consolidation of CFMO services for each unit including but not limited to:
b. Job Order System
c. Utilities Management
d. Events Management
e. Grounds Management
4. HR ROLE
· Effectively manages the team by fostering the Ignatian values and ways of doing things
· Manages the performance of each and every individual in his/her team through clarity in goals and objectives, and regular communication
· Develops future leaders in his/her team through coaching and mentoring
5. ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE
· Ensures compliance of systems and processes to university policies and procedures as well as public policies
· Prepares reports and documents needed in the performance of the team’s mandate
· At least 10 years experience in different disciplines (Architectural, Civil, Interior Design, Electrical, Mechanical and Structural)
· Relevant experience in the following:
o Property Management
o Budget preparation
o Financial review
o Building and construction standards / codes
o Operating standards for mechanical / electrical systems
o Utility consumption management
o Security standards
o Strategic planning
o Customer service
o Manpower planning and management
o Manpower coaching and mentoring
o Time management and prioritization skills
o Effective oral & written communication skills, including technical writing
o Networking with Industry players
o Estimation, schematic design, freehand/technical drawing
o Proficient in Autocad/Sketch-up or other related industry software programs