Transfer Application (Grade 8 or 9 entry) for SY 2023-2024
Who can apply for transfer to the Junior High School?
Male students who have finished and completed Grade 7 (for Grade 8 transferees) and Grade 8 (for Grade 9 transferees)
Applicants should have excellent academic and deportment marks from their previous schools.
Applicants should be able to accomplish and complete the online application process of the Ateneo de Manila Junior High School.
The Ateneo de Manila Junior High School DOES NOT accept transferees to GRADE 10, as that is the terminal year of the department.
Will entrance exams be administered?
Since there will be an eventual return to the regular onsite classes as of OCTOBER 2022, an entrance test for TRANSFEREES will be administered ONSITE at the Ateneo de Manila High School Covered Courts on MAY 6-7, 2023.
When is the application period?
The online transferee application period for Grades 8-9 SY 2023-2024 will be from APRIL 10-28, 2023, from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. The online application link will only be available on these dates. All applicants who have set up an account and paid the application fee of Php700.00 will be included in the system. All applications which do not meet this requirement at the end of the application period will not be processed.
What are the requirements?
The application process is online. The following documents need to be uploaded to the system once an account has been set up and the payment made. Please prepare these documents ahead of time to facilitate the applications process. The documents have to be uploaded in the correct format: JPEG/JPG for documents, PNG for picture
Scanned copy of the applicant’s FINAL/COMPLETED report cards (with signature of the Principal/Registrar and School logo)
For Grade 8 Transfer Applicants: Grade 6
For Grade 9 Transfer Applicants: Grade 7
Scanned copy of the applicant’s OFFICIAL report card for the present grade level (Grade 7/8, whatever quarter is available at the time of application)
Colored ID picture with white background
Scanned copy of the applicant’s COMPLETE BIRTH CERTIFICATE (PSA/NSO)
Scanned copy of the applicant’s handwritten AUTOBIOGRAPHY on ONE SHEET of A4 paper (Filipino or English, cursive or print)
Additional documents for NON-FILIPINO/DUAL CITIZENSHIP applicants:
Copy of ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration)
SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT issued by the Bureau of Immigration
Copy of Philippine passport OR Certificate of Recognition as a Filipino citizen
2. Click SIGN UP at the bottom of the page. Register an EMAIL ADDRESS of ONE parent, and set up a password to ACTIVATE your account. Please note that this PARENT EMAIL ADDRESS will be used for updates and other announcements within the application process. Remember the EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD that you used, as the AJHS does not have access to open the application accounts.
Logging in to your account and paying the application fee
1. Wait for confirmation through email that you can activate your account. When you do so, you will be asked to input the same email address and a new password for your LOGIN ACCOUNT. Click the link to the site again and click LOG IN using this new password. You should be able to see the application page when you log in using this password.
2. Click the “PAYABLES” button to see the amount that you have to pay (Php 700.00), along with the reference number. You may pay via our accredited payment channels: PAYBIZ for online bank/wallet payments and WEBPAY for credit card payments. Click HERE for the payment options.
3. Once you have received proof of payment from the bank/wallet, take a picture and upload that to your application account on Admissions Edusuite.
4. The payment will be registered in the system after at least 4 working days for PAYBIZ payments and at least 5 working days for WEBPAY payments. All payments pass through the University Central Accounting Office. Notification to proceed will be sent to the registered email address.
Accomplishing the Application Form
1. After payment is verified, log in to your account and accomplish the form. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO CLICK the FAQs button and READ THROUGH THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS to guide you through the process. Upload the required documents online through the given link. Click SUBMIT so that the application form can be reviewed
2. There will be several steps in the review of the form. The OAS cannot make the edits; only the parent of the applicant can do this. The editing notes will also be sent to the registered email address.
RETURN TO APPLICANT: Editing should be made based on the editing notes. Click SUBMIT. The application form will continue to be returned unless all editing notes are complied with.
ACCEPTED: Application form will be marked FOR PROCESSING.
3. If the documents are approved, an email will be sent through the REGISTERED Guardian account.
4. Click MANAGE SCHEDULE. Choose the corresponding SCHEDULE for the intended GRADE LEVEL:
For GRADE 8 TRANSFER APPLICANTS: MAY 6, 2023 7:00-11:30 a.m.
For GRADE 9 TRANSFER APPLICANTS: MAY 7, 2023 7:00-11:30 a.m.
5. On the day of the entrance test, print out a copy of the PERMIT on A4 paper. Bring this permit to the test venue. Test materials will be provided for. You may bring your own light snacks and drinks, as no food items will be sold. Instructions for the exam day will be posted as updates on our webpage: https://www.ateneo.edu/ajhs/admissions
6. A GOOGLE MEET INTERVIEW INVITATION WILL BE SENT TO THE REGISTERED EMAIL ACCOUNT. INTERVIEWS ARE BASED ON INTERVIEWER AVAILABILITY. Once received, click YES. Interview invitations will be sent TWO (2) days before the scheduled interview. The interview invitation is FOR THE APPLICANT ONLY. The invitation is only sent to the registered parent account.
7. After the online interview, wait for the results to be released through the registered email account. Results will be out anytime in JUNE 2023.
Can we apply for financial aid?
ACCEPTED transferees can only apply for financial aid after they have successfully completed and complied with the requirements of their first year in the Ateneo de Manila Junior High School.
There needs to be proof that the transferee will be able to comply with the requirements of AJHS before they can be considered for financial aid.
How much is the tuition and other fees?
There is still no announcement about the tuition and other fees for SY 2023-2024, as the current SY has just started. For the present SY 2022-2023, the amount is around Php137,000.00 (tuition only, no miscellaneous and other fees or books) for Grades 8-9 for the whole year.