Applying for Scholarships and Financial Aid
To be considered for most scholarship and financial aid programs for Ateneo college students, you will need to apply. Kindly note that incoming first-year and/or transferee applicants may only apply for a Financial Aid Scholarship..
Applicants, therefore, should not wait for the decision on their application for admission before submitting their financial aid application.
Current students can also apply for financial aid in case their financial circumstances change during the course of their college journey. For current students, contact the Office of Admission and Aid for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FIRST YEAR OR TRANSFER APPLICANTS: Submit your application for scholarship as soon as you have your Ateneo Application Number (AAN). Kindly note that the Scholarship Application Form is submitted online. Please carefully read and meticulously follow the instructions found on this page.
Prepare the list of required documents that you must submit as part of your scholarship application below.
We require these documents in order to have a clear view and understanding of the applicant’s financial and living situation. In this way, the Office of Admission and Aid can make an informed decision on who will be awarded a scholarship.
Details on file types and other specifications for submission may be viewed on the actual Scholarship Application Form.
Documents For Submission
Parent’s Personal Letter
Father’s and Mother’s Employment Documents
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation
- 2022 Annual Income Tax Return or Certificate of Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld
- Pay Slips for the last 2 months prior to the submission of the scholarship application form
If parent/s is SELF-EMPLOYED or OWN A BUSINESS or Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise (MSME), please submit the following documents in ONE FILE:
- A detailed description of the nature of work or business
- Income & Expense Financial Statement
- 2022 Annual income Tax Return. Please indicate in the Parent’s Personal Letter if exempted from filing an ITR or the reason for non-filing.
If parent/s is an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW)
- Please submit a copy of their Contract of Employment, translate in English, which also indicates their monthly/annual salary.
If parent/s is UNEMPLOYED
- If possible, please provide an Indigency Certificate or a Certificate of Unemployment from the Barangay. If you cannot provide these documents, please provide an explanation behind the parent/s' unemployment in the Parent's Letter.
If parent/s is RETIRED/RETRENCHED with the last three (3) years
- Certificate of Retirement or Separation with the amount of retirement/separation benefits received from the company and from Pag-ibig, SSS, and/or GSIS
Single, Unmarried Sibling’s Employment Documents
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation which includes bonuses, commissions, and/or allowances. If the applicant has multiple single, unmarried, and employed siblings, please submit all COE’s in ONE FILE only.
- If the sibling/s is SELF-EMPLOYED, OWNS A BUSINESS, or is an OFW, please submit the same requirements we require from parents, as stated above, in ONE FILE only.
Copy of Electric Bill for the last two (2) months
Copy of parents’ Credit Card Billing Statements for the last two (2) months, if applicable.
Clear photo of residence (FULL VIEW of the front of the whole house which includes the house number) and kitchen (main and dirty kitchen with the refrigerator in the photo). If residing in a building, condominium, or apartment, please submit a photo of the whole building.
1-2 minute video tour of the applicant’s house
Clear 2x2 ID photo of the Applicant
Copy of the applicant’s PWD ID and the latest copy of the applicant’s Medical Certificate, if applicable
Two (2) Scholarship Recommendations from the applicant’s teacher and/or guidance counselor. Please view the Scholarship Application Form (link under Step 2) to read the instructions on how to accomplish the Scholarship Recommendation Form.
You can download the full checklist below.
Fill out the Scholarship Application Form and Ask your Recommenders to Accomplish the Scholarship Recommendation Form
The Scholarship Application Form will be accessed and accomplished online. The parent/s of the applicant must accomplish the Form. Access the Scholarship Application Form through the link below.
Again, please take note that you need not wait for the decision on the applicant’s admission application before you apply for a scholarship. Submit the Scholarship Application Form as soon as you have your Ateneo Application Number (AAN).
For the required two (2) Scholarship Recommendation Forms from your teacher and/or guidance counselor, the applicant is responsible to send the Recommendation Form link to your chosen recommenders.
Provide this link to your chosen recommenders
Submission of Scholarship Application Form, Required Documents, and Scholarship Recommendation Form
For School Year 2024-2025, the Scholarship Application Form, Required Documents, and the Scholarship Recommendation Form must be submitted online on or before Friday, 13 October 2023. The Office of Admission and Aid will strictly implement the deadline. Late and/ or incomplete submissions will not be entertained.
Release of Decision on Scholarship/Financial Aid Application
The decision on your scholarship application will be released with the result of your application for admission. The Office of Admission and Aid will email the result of your applications to the primary email address that you declared on your application forms.
Decisions are tentatively set to be released in May 2024.
For More Information
Online Help Desk
If you have any questions or concerns about how to accomplish the Scholarship Application and Recommendation Forms, you may visit the Office of Admission and Aid’s virtual office through Zoom. Student assistants will be present on the dates and times stated below.
September 16, 23, 30 - Saturday, 8AM-12NN
October 9-13 - Weekdays, 8AM-12NN and 1PM-5PM
Here are the Zoom Meeting details:
Meeting Link: https://bit.ly/OAAVOforSchoAppSY24-25
Meeting ID: 996 3644 7614
Download the Scholarship Primer to get a copy of the entire process for your reference.
Office of Admission and Aid
G/F Kostka Hall
Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights campus
1108 Quezon City