ID Services and Guidelines for the First Semester SY 2022-2023 (LS OSS Memo)
03 Aug 2022 | Loyola Schools Office of Student Services
TO: All Loyola Schools Students
FROM: (Sgd) Michael Jacinto Mallillin
SUBJECT: ID SERVICES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER SY 2022-2023
Please be advised on the policies and procedures for ID Services this coming SY 2022-2023.
I. General Advisory
The Loyola Schools shall still retain the use of the student ID card design from previous school years. This ID card shall still be valid in form for as long as these are properly validated for the current semester. We will provide the same for the incoming first-year students, transferees and the new graduate students of SY 2022-2023. We only collect the annual student ID fee of Php150 from those who will avail of a new ID card. For those who already have the current ID card, these will just be validated during the enrolment period on a designated schedule by year level to be announced by the OSS. Otherwise if you have lost or damaged your ID card, or wish to have your information updated, you may apply for a replacement from the OSS by filling up an ID replacement form here - http://go.ateneo.edu/IDReplacementForm-22-23
II. THE ID WEARING RULE
The ID is considered an official school document to be treated with care and respect. It is NOT to be defaced, altered, or misused in any way, shape or form. It is non-transferable, not to be lent or copied, nor discarded indiscriminately.
A. The following practices are considered minor violations with the use of the ID:
- Wearing the ID concealed underneath one’s clothing (shirt, jacket, etc.) or inside a pocket
- Carrying the ID inside a personal article, for example, a bag, notebook or wallet
- Hanging the ID on your bag instead of wearing it on your person
B. The following are considered Major offenses with the use of the ID (meriting a major disciplinary case):
- Tampering with the ID Card (i.e. defacing ID picture, putting stickers, changing info)
- Using another person’s ID or allowing another person to use one’s ID
- Making a fake Loyola Schools student ID card
C. For one’s protection, the loss of the ID should immediately be reported to the Office for Student Services (OSS) through this link – http://go.ateneo.edu/LSLostandFoundForm-22-23
D. IDs without the proper validation sticker for the semester and other student IDs (ie. high school, org IDs, dorm IDs, Alumni Card) are NOT valid as an LS school ID and will not be honored as official.
III. ID Validation
All IDs will be marked with a validation sticker indicating the current semester and school year. IDs without the current validation sticker are not valid for authorization to enter and stay on campus. All students are required to have their IDs validated on a designated schedule during enrollment. Students with invalid IDs during the period of strict enforcement of ID-wearing will be cited with an infraction by campus security. The deadline for ID validation for the First Semester SY 2022-2023 is on 27 August 2022.
IV. Procedures and Fines for ID Replacement
Students are advised to take good care of their Ateneo student ID and ensure that it is not used by others, lost or damaged. In the event that the ID is lost or damaged, the following fines apply:
A. Lost ID
- First instance: P 300.00 fine
- Second instance: P 500.00 fine
- Third and succeeding losses: P 1,000.00 fine
* Aside from the fine, the student must accomplish the online replacement request form
B. Damaged ID
- A fine of P 300.00 will be charged for IDs that are damaged through the student’s negligence.
- IDs with visible defects in printing will be replaced without cost.
C. Students applying for a new ID (due to loss or damage) who have complied with all the requirements of the application process will be issued temporary IDs, without charge, until the new ID is available.
D. Students applying for a new ID due to wrong or out-of-date information will only need to pay P 150 as a printing fee. This does not apply to change of photo or signature which will be charged full replacement fee of P 300.
V. Temporary ID
Students who lost, misplaced or left their IDs elsewhere are required to secure a temporary ID immediately in order not to incur an ID violation. A Temporary ID is valid for one (1) school day and may be obtained from the Office for Student Services (OSS) after paying a fine of P 50.00. Subsequent fines for temporary ID may increase due to frequency of negligence for forgetting or misplacing one’s ID.
VI. Process for new ID Application
All first-year students, transferees and newly enrolled graduate students who have not yet been previously issued IDs may only apply for their LS student ID card for school year 2022-2023 after they are officially confirmed as enrolled students of the Loyola Schools. This ID application will be done online by accomplishing the form found here –http://go.ateneo.edu/LSFirstIDApply22-23. Deadline for application for IDs for the First Semester is on August 10, 2022 for first-year students and on August 13, 2022 for the rest.
VII. ID Distribution
The OSS will distribute all newly printed ID cards for ID replacement and newly applied for ID at a designated venue onsite and on a schedule by year level. All students are required to comply with strict health protocols upon claiming their IDs and strictly comply with the schedule of claiming. Proxies for ID claiming are allowed as long as they present a signed Letter of Authorization from the student. Announcements for ID claiming and distribution will be released at a later date.
VIII. Sanctions for ID-Related Violations
The following are the sanctions for each violation related to the student ID:
A. Late ID Application/Validation Sanction:
Two (2) hours of community service which may be converted into a fine amounting to P 250.00.
B. ID-Wearing Violation Sanctions:
- First commission: An ID wearing infraction will be recorded in the student’s name
- Second commission within the school year: Formal written apology addressed to the Director of the OSS submitted within one (1) week of the violation date.
- Third commission within the school year: Four (4) hours of community service which may be converted into a fine of P 500.00
- Fourth commission within the school year: Eight (8) hours of community service plus a mandatory fine of P 500.00
- Fifth commission within the school year: The student shall be charged with a Major Offense (“Failure to perform responsibilities as a student”), to be heard by the Committee on Discipline.
For questions or concerns regarding the ID processes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strict ID-wearing Rule Implementation will begin on Thursday, September 1, 2022.