2022 Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises (OVPLS Memo)
16 Aug 2022 | Office of the Vice President for the Loyola Schools
MEMO TO: All Administrators, Faculty Members, Professionals, Non- Teaching Staff and Candidates for Graduation Loyola Schools
FROM : [Sgd.] Maria Luz C. Vilches, Ph.D. Vice President
SUBJECT: 2022 BACCALAUREATE MASS AND COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
I. BACCALAUREATE MASS and LS WIDE COMMENCEMENT RITES
Saturday, 27 August 2022, Ateneo High School Covered Courts
7:30 a.m., Baccalaureate Mass
9:00 a.m., LS-wide Commencement Rites
A. ASSEMBLY: Candidates for Graduation:
Assembly time is 7:00 a.m. Candidates for graduation must park their vehicles at the designated parking areas (please see attached map) and walk to the following shuttle pick-up points:
Blue Eagle Gym
E-Jeep Terminal (Gate 2.5)
LS Covered Courts
Xavier Hall (for University Employees)
Candidates for graduation must be in their togas and hoods.
Everyone must be seated inside the HS Covered Courts by 7:00 a.m. Faculty members and Mass Concelebrants:
Assembly time is 7:00 a.m. Vehicles may be parked at Xavier Hall, Science Education Complex and Gonzaga, Bellarmine and West car park areas.
Attire for Faculty: Toga and hood only for the Baccalaureate Mass. Faculty are to wear their caps for the commencement rites.
B. BACCALAUREATE MASS PROCESSIONAL: 7:30 a.m. for Mass Celebrants and Faculty.
C. LS-WIDE COMMENCEMENT RITES: 9:00 a.m.
The following activities will take place during the LS-wide Commencement Rites:
o Message from the Graduate Student Representative by Merimee Tampus-Siena, Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology
Valedictory Address by Jamesun W. Bejarin, Valedictorian of Class 2022, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum laude
Conferment of Honorary Degree on Former Vice President Maria Leonor G. Robredo
Commencement Address of Former Vice President Maria Leonor G. Robredo
Members of the stage party are requested to assemble beside the High School Chapel right after the Baccalaureate Mass.
Students and faculty members should be seated by 8:50 a.m., before the processional begins.
Everyone will be transported by shuttle buses/coasters to the HS Covered Courts from their designated areas. Only authorized vehicles, buses, and coasters will be allowed entry into the HS Complex. The same shuttle buses, and coasters will transport everyone back to the parking areas after the event.
Please inform the OVPLS c/o Ms. Paula Angeles (ext. 5006/Rm 100 Xavier Hall) of elderly guests or wheelchair-bound persons-with- disability (PWD). Seats at the HS Covered Courts are limited. Only the graduating students with tickets will be allowed inside the covered courts. Guests with tickets may watch the Baccalaureate Mass and the LS Wide Commencement Rites at the venue(s) equipped with a live feed of the ceremonies. These are the High School Main Cafeteria and SHS Foyer, Senior High School Building.
II. COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
Saturday, 27 August 2022
Gokongwei Brothers School of Education and Learning Design, School of Humanities, and the School of Science and Engineering
3:00 p.m., High School Covered Courts
Monday, 29 August 2022
School of Social Sciences
9:00 a.m., High School Covered Courts
John Gokongwei School of Management
3:00 p.m., High School Covered Courts
Candidates for Graduation:
Time: 2:00 p.m. (for GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM); 8:00 a.m. (SOSS)
Place: Montserrat Corridors, EDSA Walk, and La Storta Corridors (Please refer to the accompanying diagram) Classrooms
7-Page to 7-Pires – M/MA/MS/D/PhD (GBSEALD, JGSOM, SOH, SOSS, & SOSE)
Attire: Candidates for AB/BS wear the toga. During the procession, the cord is worn over the right shoulder.
Candidates for M/MA/MS/D/PhD wear the toga and cap. During the procession, the tassel on the cap hangs on the right side and the hood is folded over the right arm.
Graduating students line up along EDSA Walk up to CSMT, Montserrat Corridors and rooms, La Storta corridors and rooms.
Candidates for M/MA/MS/D/PhD line up according to their Schools along classrooms
7-Page to 7-Pires.
Faculty and Administrators:
Time: 2:15 p.m. (for GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM graduation);
8:15 a.m. (for SOSS graduation)
Place: Near Promenade of Our Lady (Please refer to the accompanying diagram)
Male Faculty: 9-Pongracz
Female Faculty: 8-Regis and 8-Rubio Stage Party: Principal's Office Conference Room
Stage Party: Principal's Office Conference Room
Guests are requested to be seated inside the HS Covered Courts by 2:30 p.m. (for afternoon Commencement Exercises and 8:30 a.m. for morning Commencement Exercises). Guests of doctoral students will have designated seats. They will assist the graduates with the hooding on stage during the ceremony.
B. ACADEMIC PROCESSION
Warning Bells: will signify start of the Processional
First Bell: 2:30 p.m. (for GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM) and 8:30 a.m. (for SOSS) to summon all participants in the procession to their designated places of assembly.
Second Bell: 2:45 p.m. (for GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM) and 8:45 a.m. (for SOSS) for all candidates for graduation to fall in line, in columns of two.
Third Bell: 2:55 p.m. (for GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM) and 8:55 a.m. (for SOSS) as a signal for the start of the procession. The Chief Marshall will give the cue to start the procession.
ORDER OF ACADEMIC PROCESSION
1. Chief Marshall: LS-wide: Dr. Leland Joseph R. Dela Cruz
GBSEALD/SOH/SOSE: Mr. Ariel A. Diccion
SOSS: Mr. Oliver John C. Quintana
JGSOM: Mr. Matthew Laurence A. Uy
2. Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Dr. Josefina D. Hofileña
3. Valedictorian: Jamesun W. Bejarin*
4. Candidates for the AB/BS
5. Associate Dean for Graduate Programs: Dr. Anne Lan K. Candelaria
6. Graduate Student Representative: Merimee Tampus-Siena*
7. Candidates for the M/MA/MS/D/PhD
8. Faculty Members
9. Loyola Schools Administrators
10. Mace Bearer for the LS-wide Commencement Rites: Mr. Ariel A. Diccion
11. Board of Trustees, Ateneo de Manila University
12. Stage Party
13. Colors/Color Guards
*The Valedictorian and Graduate School Representative will join the academic procession during the School of Social Sciences Commencement Exercises.
THE PROCESSION WILL START PROMPTLY AT 2:55 P.M. FOR GBSEALD, SOH, SOSE, JGSOM, AND AT 8:55 A.M. FOR SOSS.
ALL GUESTS WILL BE DIRECTED TO ENTER THROUGH THE HIGH SCHOOL OVAL ENTRANCE AFTER 2:30 PM SO AS NOT TO DISTURB THE PROCESSION. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THROUGH THE FRONT BY 2:30 PM AND THE SIDE GATES WILL REMAIN CLOSED THROUGHOUT THE CEREMONY.
III. RETURN OF TOGAS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIPLOMA DISTRIBUTION Time: immediately after the commencement exercises
Venue: HS Classrooms near Promenade of Our Lady
7-Page to 9-Spinola and 8-Pongracz to 10- Zuraire
7-Page (Alphabetical groupings in the designated rooms will be posted on graduation day.)
A. Return of Togas
1. Graduates must return their togas to Digilearn Multimedia Corporation personnel in the same room designated for claiming the diploma. Togas must be returned before diplomas may be claimed.
2. Graduates must return their togas immediately after the commencement exercises at the designated rooms before 12:30 p.m. for the SOSS graduation and before 7:00 p.m. for the GBSEALD/SOH/SOSE and JGSOM graduation. Failure to do so will result in the graduate paying a late return or lost toga penalty fee to Digilearn Multimedia Corporation; the diploma will not be released until the fee is settled.
3. Faculty members must return their togas to Digilearn Multimedia Corporation at rooms 8- Pongracz to 8-Rubio (please see diagram) immediately after the Commencement Exercises.
4. Togas not returned after the Commencement Exercises must be returned to the Digilearn Multimedia Corporation office at 102 Ipil St. Marikina Heights, Marikina. Digilearn will charge the corresponding penalty fee for each day of delay in the return of the toga (please refer to the Vice President’s memo on Preparing for Onsite Commencement Exercises for Class 2022: for graduates, dated 21 May 2022; and the memo on Attendance at Graduation and Toga Arrangements for Faculty and Administrators, dated 16 July 2022).
B. Claiming of Diplomas Completion of clearance is a requirement for inclusion in the official list of graduates and Commencement Exercises on August 27 and 29, 2022 as well as for the issuance of official complete transcripts of records and diplomas.
1. Diplomas will be distributed immediately after the Commencement Exercises.
2. A locator map will indicate the designated classrooms for the distribution of diplomas.
3. Togas must be returned BEFORE claiming diplomas.
4. The graduates must PERSONALLY claim diplomas. Proxies are not allowed.
C. Unclaimed Diplomas Graduates who fail to claim their diploma on the day of graduation may do so on August 31, 2022, at the Office of the Registrar. Beginning September 1, 2022, a storage fee of P500.00 will be imposed.
1. Diplomas to be picked up at the Office of the Registrar
2. Proof of toga return issued by Digilearn Multimedia Corp
3. Campus Access Request if applicable
4. An authorization letter and valid ID should be presented if a representative claims the diploma on behalf of the graduate.
5. Payment of storage fee (P500.00)
Diplomas to be sent via courier
1. Proof of toga return issued by Digilearn Multimedia Corp
2. Confirm delivery address by accomplishing a Google form through this link: https://go.ateneo.edu/LSDiploma2022
3. Proof of payment for courier and storage fee Payment of Storage of P500.00 and Courier fee of P290.00 should be made online through the following bank details:
Bank of account:
BPI Account number: 3083-6478-83
Account name: Ateneo de Manila University Branch: Loyola Heights Katipunan Avenue Quezon City
IV. CAMPUS AND HIGH SCHOOL COVERED COURTS ENTRY /EGRESS PROTOCOLS FOR STUDENTS AND THEIR GUESTS
A. Each candidate for graduation will receive one vehicle pass for the LS-wide Commencement Rites and the school graduation ceremonies. The vehicle pass must be prominently displayed on the vehicle’s dashboard upon entering the campus. For queries about vehicle passes for graduates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pedestrians must present their tickets upon entering the campus.
B. Baccalaureate Mass and LS-wide Commencement Rites
1. Each graduate will receive one ticket for the Baccalaureate Mass and LS-wide Commencement Rites. This ticket must be presented by the graduate upon entering the High School Covered Courts.
2. Each graduate will receive two (2) tickets for the livestream areas. Guests of graduates will NOT be allowed inside the covered courts during the Baccalaureate Mass and LSwide Commencement Rites. Guests will be directed to the livestream areas.
C. School Commencement Exercises
1. For the GBSEALD/SOH/SOSE, SOSS, and JGSOM Commencement Exercises, each graduate will receive two (2) tickets for their guests. Only two (2) guests per graduate will be allowed inside the covered courts.
2. Guests must show their tickets to gain entry into the High School Covered Courts. There will be a system to facilitate an orderly and safe egress from the High School Covered Courts. The Chief/School Marshall assisted by the staff ushers will direct the attendees out of the courts.
V. PARKING AND TRAFFIC FLOW
1. Vehicles will not be allowed entry into the High School campus before and during the Baccalaureate Mass, LS-wide Commencement Rites, and the School Commencement Exercises. Shuttle service will be made available for graduates, their guests, and the rest of the community at assigned pick-up and drop-off points near designated parking areas.
2. Vehicles will be allowed entry to the High School parking area after the activities; please expect heavy traffic at this time. To avoid the traffic, guests are encouraged to walk or avail themselves of the shuttle service back to the parking areas. The one-way traffic scheme will be observed at all times.
1. Department secretaries may claim the togas of their faculty members at Faber Hall 101 from August 16 to 18, 2022 from 9:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. For students: In lieu of graduation rehearsals, an instruction video will be posted on this site by August 22: http://go.ateneo.edu/LSPagtatapos2022.
Please monitor these sites for memos, updates, and other graduation-related announcements.
3. Except for the personnel of FLOROFOTO, the official Commencement photographer, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES AT ANY TIME DURING THE CEREMONIES FROM THE STAGE AREA UNTIL THE SPECIAL GUESTS SECTION. This is to observe the formality of the ceremonies; to maintain order around the stage area; and to avoid accidents or obstruction to the video cameras of the official photographer. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
4. FLOROFOTO Photo Galleries will be located at rooms 9-Machado to 7-Grimaltos; 8-Jogues to 8-Ireland. Students may have their pictures taken before the start of the commencement exercises or immediately before the return of toga and claiming of the diploma.
5. For a more orderly egress, please follow the instructions which will be announced right after each ceremony.
6. In the event of a typhoon that leads to the postponement of activities on August 27, the Baccalaureate Mass and the Commencement Rites will be moved to August 28, 7:30 a.m. All activities will be postponed at COVID Alert Level II or higher. Contingency measures for activities that are postponed will be announced at a later date.
7. The Commencement Exercises may be viewed via live streaming at https://www.ateneo.edu/ls/commencement. Thank you very much for your cooperation