Revised Procedure for Requests for Reinstatement and/or Extension for Second Semester of the School Year 2022-2023 (LS RO memo)
02 Nov 2022 | Loyola Schools Office of the Registrar and Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
All Loyola Schools Graduate Students
(Sgd)Marlene M. De Leon, Ph.D.
(Sgd)Anne Lan K. Candelaria, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
Revised Procedure for Requests for Reinstatement and/or Extension for Second Semester of the School Year 2022-2023
In keeping with the academic regulations provided in the Loyola Schools Graduate Student Handbook (2019 Edition), graduate students are reminded of the following:
Part III, Section 10. a. Rules on Time Limit in the Loyola Schools
All work for the master’s degree must be completed within five (5) years from the date of first enrollment for the degree, inclusive of leaves of absence and suspension due to disciplinary reasons.
All work for the Doctoral degree must be completed within seven (7) years from the date of first enrollment for the degree, inclusive of leaves of absence and suspension due to disciplinary reasons.
Part III, Section 10. b. Rules on Leave of Absence
- Students who wish to separate themselves from the Loyola Schools for a semester or more must file a Request Form for Leave of Absence subject to the following conditions:
- The student should be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time when the request is made.
- The student may not study or enroll in another school during the Leave of Absence.
Application for leave of absence is only applicable for students who are still within the residency limit of 5 years at the master’s level and 7 years at the doctoral level.
Given the above academic regulations, students are reminded to accomplish the following procedures before the registration period:
1. Request for Reinstatement if they were unable to enroll at the Loyola Schools for at least two consecutive semesters without an approved Leave of Absence.
2. Request for Extension if they have exceeded or are about to exceed the time limit to complete a degree program and have not been given FINAL and NON-NEGOTIABLE deadlines to fulfill program requirements, provided that they are in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time when the request is made.
Please refer to this table for the counting of your residency.
All requests for Reinstatement and/ or Extension will be accepted only until Tuesday, 29 November 2022 for the Second Semester of School Year 2022-2023 registration.
ONLINE PROCEDURE FOR REINSTATEMENT AND/OR EXTENSION REQUESTS
IMPORTANT: Except in specific instances, communication between all concerned parties shall always be coursed through University-issued (i.e., official) email accounts. Accordingly, requests from students must be submitted using their @obf.ateneo.edu accounts. University offices and personnel shall also make use of their @ateneo.edu accounts. Communication relayed via any other email account will not be processed. Students are reminded that the use of their @obf.ateneo.edu account comes with certain obligations, including, among others: (a) not to permit any other person to use the account for any purpose whatsoever; (b) to use all necessary precautions to protect the account from unauthorized access (e.g., keeping the password thereto strictly confidential).
1. Student determines if s/he is eligible to request for Reinstatement and/or Extension based on the academic regulations stated above.
2. Student prepares a Plan of Study/Timeline of Activities/Progress Report. The Plan of Study should be approved by the Department Chair/Program Director.
For those in the Thesis/Dissertation/Capstone stage, a Progress Report and Timeline of Activities should be approved by the student’s Adviser and Department Chair/Program Director. Uploading this report is required to proceed with the form.
The duly signed Plan of Study/Timeline of Activities/Progress Report signifies the department’s approval of the student’s request.
3. Student accomplishes the Google Form.
4. The RO evaluates the academic and enrollment status of the student.
5. The OADGP assesses the student’s request and gives a decision/final approval/comments.
6. The OADGP conveys the final decision to the student and provides instructions for payment of the Reinstatement and/or Extension fee, cc the following:
- Department Chair/Program Coordinator
- Adviser/s, if applicable
7. A student whose request is approved must:
- Download OADGP’s letter
- Conform with the conditions stated by signing the letter
- Pay the Reinstatement and/ or Extension fee
- Upload the PDF copy of the signed letter together and a copy of the bank transaction slip in the Google Form
8. The RO updates the Student’s status and clears the student for enrollment in the next term.