Update No. 3: Health Protocols and Guidelines for Campus Access (Memo U2223-0071)
11 Apr 2023 | Office of the President
Memo # U2223-0071
11 April 2023
The University Community
Update No. 3: Health Protocols and Guidelines for Campus Access
In view of the improving COVID-19 situation in the country, and to accommodate the “new normal”, we are issuing the following revised health protocols and campus entry guidelines effective 16 April 2023.
These policies are consistent with local and international safety standards, and the directives from all relevant government agencies under the prevailing Alert Level 1.
These guidelines will cover all locators inside the various Ateneo de Manila University campuses (Loyola, Rockwell, Ortigas, and Salcedo) including Jesuit residences, affiliated units, and tenants.
In general, employees and students of the University, employees of auxiliary units, employees of our concessionaries, and other regular visitors to the campus must be able to present a valid ID, issued by the Ateneo or by its auxiliary units.
Infrequent visitors to the campus must request prior approval for campus access from the office they are intending to visit. Campus Access Request forms must be properly filled out and submitted at least two (2) days before the scheduled visit.
Campus Access Procedures: Pedestrians
Pedestrians wishing to enter the campus must present any of the following at campus access points:
- For employees and students of the University, employees of auxiliary units, employees of our concessionaires, and other regular visitors to the campus: valid ID, issued by the Ateneo or by its auxiliary units.
- For infrequent visitors to the campus: properly approved Campus Access Request. They will be issued visitor passes at the campus access point.
Campus Access Procedures: Vehicles
- All vehicles with valid Ateneo gate pass stickers will be allowed to enter the campus.
- Special lanes will be set aside for vehicles without valid gate pass stickers. All passengers of these vehicles will undergo screening from campus security, and at least one occupant must present any of the following: valid Ateneo ID, valid ID issued by one of our auxiliary units, or a properly approved Campus Access Request. In addition, the driver of the vehicle must surrender a valid ID in exchange for a visitor pass.
- Walk-ins (e.g. Grab/delivery drivers and couriers) must show proof of booking and surrender a valid ID in exchange for a visitor pass before they can gain campus entry.
Building Access/Complex Access (i.e. GS Complex, JHS Complex, SHS Complex, LS Complex)
- All individuals seeking access to any of our complexes and/or buildings must be able to present a valid Ateneo or auxiliary unit ID, or appropriate visitor pass.
Minimum Public Health Standards to be Enforced Onsite
We would like to remind everyone to continue observing proper safety and health protocols to ensure the well-being of the community, among them:
- Everyone is highly encouraged to wear face masks in densely populated venues, particularly indoors.
- Those with mild respiratory symptoms (cough, colds, sore throat) are expected to check with a doctor and to wear masks while manifesting symptoms and are advised not to eat with others in public areas.
- Wash hands after handling highly touched surfaces.
- All existing policies on safety and health, including the rules on smoking, the consumption of alcoholic beverages and prohibited substances, and the observance of traffic and parking rules, continue to remain in effect.
Effects of Future Advisories
These guidelines are subject to change at any time, based on new advisories from relevant government agencies (e.g. IATF, DOLE, DOH, LGUs, CHED, and/or DepEd).
I ask for everyone’s cooperation and strict compliance with the above.
(Sgd) Roberto C Yap SJ
Dr Liane Alampay named 2023 Outstanding Psychologist by the Psychological Association of the Philippines
22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023