Course and Faculty Evaluations for Intersession SY 2023-2024 (AVP-UEd Memo)
26 Jul 2023 | Office of the Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Education
17 March 2023
The University Community
Dr. Maria Luz C. Vilches, Vice President for the Undergraduate Education
Fr. Johnny C. Go, SJ, Dean, Gokongwei Brothers School of Education and Learning Design
Dr. Jonathan O. Chua, Dean, School of Humanities
Dr. Roberto N. Galang, Dean, John Gokongwei School of Management
Dr. Raphael A. Guerrero, Dean, School of Science and Engineering
Dr. Czarina A. Saloma-Akpedonu, Dean, School of Social Sciences
Dr. Benjamin Gerardo T. Tolosa, Jr., Associate Dean for the Core Curriculum
Dr. Marlene M. De Leon, University Registrar
Ms. Janice S. Bello, Vice President for Digital Information and Technology Services
Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila (Sanggunian)
[Sgd] Josefina D Hofileña PhD Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Education
Course and Faculty Evaluations for Intersession SY 2023-2024
We wish to remind all concerned that course and faculty evaluations for this Intersession, SY 2023-2024 may be accomplished by logging on to http://aisis.ateneo.edu (click on: Course and Faculty Evaluations). This evaluation period will begin from Monday, 10 July 2023.
Students are reminded to accomplish the form for each of their Intersession classes.
It is recommended that Schools adopt the practice of allotting time during the final session of their classes for students to accomplish the form.
For evaluations done during an onsite class meeting, the Department Chair/Program Director is expected to arrange the schedule of evaluations with the faculty members and orient office staff assigned to conduct evaluations. The form should be accomplished within the first or last fifteen minutes of the class. Faculty members should not be present in the classroom while the evaluation is taking place. Students should not leave the room while the evaluation is going on. If a student needs to step out, he/she should first accomplish the form and submit this to the office staff before leaving the room.
For evaluations done during a synchronous online class session, faculty can assign the class beadle as co-host of the synchronous class session before students begin to accomplish the evaluation form, pause/stop the recording, click “leave meeting,” and return after the evaluations are completed.
Please be reminded that:
- As announced by the Vice President for the Loyola Schools, through her 8 March 2022 memo, New Policy on Student Evaluation and Exit Surveys, the accomplishment of the Course and Faculty Evaluation form by undergraduate and graduate students is now a requirement. Students will not be able to view their final grades on AISIS for the classes that they have not yet evaluated, although they will still be able to view their QPI. A hold order will be imposed on these students, which will prevent them from enrolling in the next academic term. The hold order will only be lifted upon the students’ completion of the evaluation form for each class that the students were enrolled in.
- The evaluation process is important for quality assurance of teaching/learning practices. It is a means by which students can reflect on their own learning experience while providing feedback on the courses they are taking and the faculty members who handle these courses.
- Faculty members can use the feedback to determine both what they are doing well and how they can improve course content, teaching methodology, course requirements, and assessments.
- The data from student evaluations is also used by department chairs/program directors and peer evaluators to review faculty members for permanency, reappointment, and promotion.
- Students are expected to use appropriate language in providing constructive comments, i.e., comments to improve the teaching and learning experience.
- Student responses are anonymous. Department/Program secretaries generate a consolidated report and forward this to the concerned faculty member. The consolidated results of the required end-of-term evaluations are made available after the electronic release of final grades.
- Departments/programs can start downloading/viewing the results starting 28 July to 1 August 2023, Friday - Tuesday. However, departments/programs should expect possible late submissions of course and faculty evaluations by students, which may necessitate a second downloading of results at a later date.
Comments and suggestions about the student evaluation process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical difficulties, you may email email@example.com.
Thank you very much.
Ateneo Debate Society bags the Asian British Parliamentary Championship for the second year in a row
03 Oct 2023
03 Oct 2023