Master of Arts in Educational Administration
Department of Educational Leadership and Management
This program prepares current and prospective school leaders to meet the professional demands of educational leadership. Graduate coursework develops competencies related to effective leadership and educational management practices, as well as allows students to explore the theoretical and practical aspects of curriculum development, teaching and learning, and the supervision of instruction. Exposure to research about current realities, emerging trends, and issues in various aspects of educational administration ensures their continuing growth and effectiveness as school leaders. Students are prepared to conduct scholarly research that will address relevant issues in their own school setting.
Required Subjects (9 Units)
- EDUC 201 Foundations of Education
- EDUC 292 Methods and Materials of Research
- EDUC 293 Statistics for Teachers
Field of Concentration Subjects (15 Units)
- EDUC 220 School Administration and Management Theory and Practice
- EDUC 222 The Philippine Government and the Schools
- EDUC 224 Supervision of Classroom Instruction
- EDUC 241 Modern Trends and Directions in Curriculum and Teaching
- EDUC 251 Media and Technology Application 3 units
Electives (6 Units)
- EDUC 211 Ignatian Philosophy of Education
Any graduate-level subject offered by GBSEALD and/or other graduate departments with the approval of the Academic Adviser.
Upon completion of the coursework, the students must take and pass a written comprehensive exam. The comprehensive exams will cover the courses under the field of concentration except for EDUC 251.
Comprehensive Examinations (6 Units)
- EDUC 296 Comprehensive Examinations
Thesis Writing and Oral Defense (6 Units)
- EDUC 299.1 Thesis Direction I
- EDUC 299.2 Thesis Direction II
The units for the thesis are credited after the student passes the oral defense and submits the final revised copy of the thesis