Policies and Guidelines
Reference and Access to the ALiWW Collection
- ALiWW is open to all bonafide members of the Ateneo de Manila University. Non-Ateneo researchers and visitors are allowed to use ALiWW’s collection following the visitor guidelines and policies of the Rizal Library.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be brought in by ALiWW researchers.
- Group discussions are not allowed inside the ALiWW’s Reading Room.
- ALiWW’s Reading Room is to be used primarily by ALiWW researchers and for official ALiWW activities and events. Loyola Schools students, faculty members, and other library users who would like to make use of ALiWW’s Reading Room for purposes other than the use of ALiWW’s collections, are encouraged to make use of Rizal Library’s other facilities (First Pacific Hall and Matteo Ricci Study Hall) that would meet their needs appropriately.
Guidelines on the use of ALiWW Collection
- All materials must be used inside the supervised researcher’s area only.
- ALiWW users are not allowed to use ball-point/fountain pens. Researchers may use pencils inside the supervised reading room.
- Users must fill out the researcher’s request slip. By signing the said request slip, the user automatically accepts responsibility for returning the material/s used in the same manner or condition when it was received.
- For delicate material/s, the users will be provided a glove as they use the materials or in some instances, the ALiWW’s personnel will assist the users in using the delicate material/s.
- Photocopying of the materials is prohibited. Other methods of copying (i.e. filming, scanning, photography) may be allowed for research and private study with permission from the ALiWW staff. An acceptable limit is allowed to be copied through any of the aforementioned methods. Copies of materials obtained through these methods must not be used for any other purpose without the express consent of the copyright owner.
- Only the researchers within the Ateneo community are allowed to take photographs of the collection without flash (using any device). Non-Ateneo researchers are strictly prohibited to take photographs (using any device).
- Reproduction of ALiWW materials is done by the ALiWW’s personnel provided that the material to be reproduced is in good condition.
- Users must fill out the “Reproduction Agreement Form” and settle the reproduction fee.
- The copyright law of the Philippines under RA 8293 governs the photocopying or other reproductions of the copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction of a material provided that the material will be used “exclusively for research and private study”. A photocopy or reproduction used for purposes in excess of “fair use,” may be considered as copyright law infringement.
Guidelines on online digital requests for materials from the ALiWW Collection
Digitization requests are currently available only for students and faculty of Ateneo de Manila University.
- Access the ALiWW Finding Aid and look for the materials that you need. Request the materials you need using the request form for faculty and for students.
Ateneo Library of Women's Writings
1st Level Special Collections Building, Rizal Library
Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights campus
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
1108 Quezon City
Events, Projects, and Donations
Finding Aids & Archive