Top 9 MKTG 111 teams announced
03 Dec 2022
Every semester, the Marketing and Law Department invites marketing practitioners to assess the final project of the MKTG 111 Marketing Management students. Presentation dates were scheduled last November 25 and 26, and additional slots on November 28 and 29.
All student groups were asked to develop a marketing plan for a product or service, whether improvements, extensions or innovations, that provides a socially, economically, environmentally, or politically marginalized group access to product or service otherwise inaccessible given current norms. The theme for this semester is in line with one of the strategic goals of the University; that is, to bridge cultural divides.
Each group produced a 15-minute case video presentation shared to their panelists days in advance, for them to review. On the day of the defense, each group was given a 45 minutes to answer questions from the panel.
Upon collating all scores, the top eight teams with the highest panel scores are declared. This semester, with a tie for the eighth slot, these nine teams are:
- Adarna World is a series of video games from Adarna Publishing aimed at preserving Filipino values and culture. The group – Team Phoenix – is composed of Daphne Kate C. Dator, Caitlin Kyle S. Muñoz, Hannah Elaine, Y. Tan and Joan Elery D. Torres.
- Duolingo Sign Language Courses aims to help the families of those who are impaired of hearing. Team S&B are Jamison Wee, Gabriel Sinohin and Francesca Aguilar.
- Human Nature PadLove are washable low-cost sanitary pads for women from lower socio-economic classes. Members of Make It Make SENS are Sheena Mae Comia, Jan Elison Natividad, Isabel Margarita Valenzuela and Norlyn Ann Villarin.
- J&T Consol is a consolidation service for the online shoppers from Visayas and Mindanao regions who need more affordable options. Members of the group Angry Birds are Astrud Angela Castro, Jan Onni Ong, Karl Angelo Salvador and Angelo Miguel Liao.
- Konsulta MD TelMe Online Marriage Counseling service for OFW couples. The group Single Ladies is composed of Kiethlyn Rose Atienza, Claire Alexandra Budlong, Patricia Denise Chan Lim, Blith Carmel Gabronino and Kassandra Marie Zalamea.
- Maya Health provides lower income indviduals affordable and convenient health services on the Maya platform. The members of Jackie’s Angels are Denise Emmanuelle Bernardo, Kathleen Megan Del Castillo, Chiqui Marie Pascual and Ria Patricia Cathleen Suyat.
- Maybelline EasyFix Skin Corrector is cosmetics product specifically made for men. Team MNL is composed of Mariah Zhean, Mikaela Dy, Hans Inigo Fernand Pena, Winona Lindsey Perez and Therese Nicole Yazon.
- P2P Certain Seats is a service designed for daily commuters. The members of the group Totally Spies are Raya Carrillo, Sandy Demetion and Jane Joseph.
- Xioami GuardMi is a security gadget made for commuters. Team Hotdawgs is composed of Jannina Felicity Mamonong, Shan Alecxander Porras, Joanna Ysabella Reyes, Gian Patrick Tan and Jaira Mae Yeung.
From this top nine groups, Marketing faculty members selected the Final Four projects based on consistency with the theme and the marketing plan criteria of course. The special announcement and online screening of the Final Four will on December 3, 2022 over Zoom.