CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Program Manager (Health Governance)
23 Mar 2023
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Unit: Ateneo School of Government (ASOG)
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
Duration: Three Months (probationary period); subject to extension
Report to: Ateneo Policy Center Head
Program: Health Governance
I. Brief Description
The Ateneo School Government (ASOG) is the public-sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University. The School’s long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public servants. It aims to contribute in building prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in the Philippines, empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASOG's academic and executive education programs bridge the gap between classroom wisdom and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research and extension programs, and its work with public, private, and community organizations, ASOG continues to develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches in areas such as leadership, poverty eradication, climate change, social accountability, and politics.
II. Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Ateneo Policy Center (APC), the Program Manager shall lead and oversee the implementation of projects on research areas under the Health Governance portfolio.
The Program Manager is expected to perform the following:
- Oversee project operations in cooperation with the implementing partners;
- Assist the ASOG Dean and Head of Ateneo Policy Center in the expansion of network and engaging high-level partners, expert advisors, and other stakeholders for the dissemination of project outputs;
- Provide overall technical and operational assistance to the ASOG Dean and the Head of Ateneo Policy Center in developing and ensuring the uptake of evidence-based research outputs generated by the project/s;
- Lead the development, and ensure high quality, of any research and information materials that will be produced by project/s;
- In coordination with the Ateneo Policy Center Head, lead the planning and execution of project activities in coordination with the implementing partners and other activities of the Ateneo Policy Center;
- Supervise the technical and administrative staff of the project/s;
- Manage the project monitoring, evaluation and learning framework, and prepare periodic reports and other documentation requirements, for internal and external reporting, and ensure that all activities and transactions are in accordance with the set rules, guidelines, policies, and processes of APC-ASOG, ADMU, and the project’s funder; and
- Serve as the primary representative of the project/s, the, Ateneo Policy Center Head, and ASOG for all activities.
III. Description of Education, Competence, and Required Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters, ABD or PhD) in economics, public policy and/or international development policy (on-going completion of an advanced degree may be considered);
- Thematic familiarity with governance and institutions;
- Project management experience is an advantage;
- Graphics presentation and research communication skills are an advantage;
- Can efficiently handle and deliver outputs with minimal supervision;
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English, and excellent interpersonal communications skills in Filipino; and
- Has excellent organizational skills and is able to contribute to team research processes.
IV. Application Requirements
All interested applicants must submit the following:
1. An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Philip Arnold P. Tuaño, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government
2. Curriculum Vitae
Please submit the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “[SURNAME] – Program Manager - Health Governance” as email subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on March 31, 2023.
29 Sep 2023
Ateneo's John Gokongwei School of Management and Boston College's Carroll School of Management form partnership in Jesuit management education
27 Sep 2023