Call for Applications: Teaching Associate - Full-Time
12 May 2023
Unit: Academic Program – School of Government
Duration: The successful candidate will initially be contracted for two months, subject to renewal.
I. Brief Description
The Ateneo School of Government (ASoG) is the public sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University. The School’s long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public servants. It aims to contribute in building prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in the Philippines, empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASoG's academic and executive education programs bridge the gap between classroom wisdom and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research and extension programs, and its work with public, private, and community organizations, ASoG continues to develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches in areas such as leadership, poverty eradication, climate change, social accountability, and politics.
II. Scope of Work
The Teaching Associate is expected to assist the Lead Faculty in conducting courses to be assigned.
Particularly, under the direction of the Lead Faculty for each course, the Teaching Associate shall:
- Assist the designated Guest Lecturers with:
- Instructional design and course preparation;
- Finalization of the course syllabus;
- Curation or production of course content; and
- Organization of the course materials in the online learning management system.
- Assist the designated Guest Lecturers in conducting the course by performing tasks such as but not limited to:
- Attending synchronous sessions, especially onsite weekday classes in ASoG;
- Managing asynchronous activities of the class;
- Tracking of attendance;
- Tracking and organization of student submissions;
- Providing feedback on assessments; and
- Recording and calculating grades.
- Conduct necessary research and data gathering needed for the course as specified by the Guest Lecturer/s;
- Moderate discussions, both synchronous and asynchronous, by providing inputs and guidance in response to student queries;
- Manage the online learning management system course site;
- Serve as liaison between the Guest Lecturer/s and the students with regards to the course;
- Coordinate with Academic Program Officers, Records Officer, and the Academic Head for the:
- preparation, run, and conclusion of classes; and
- student-related concerns that need Academic guidance.
- Join trainings and formative activities for Faculty and Teaching Associates.
- Perform other related tasks as may be requested by the ASoG Academic Head.
- Masteral degree in Public Management, Public Administration, or fields related to course to be assigned, with above average academic performance;
- Prior work experience in policy or action research, especially in fields mentioned above.
- Strong analytical skills and appreciation of development;
- Self-management, as evidenced by the ability to deliver outputs with minimum supervision;
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
IV. Application Requirements
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- An application letter addressed to Dr. Philip Arnold P. Tuaño, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government
- Curriculum Vitae
Please submit the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the email subject: “APPLICATION – Teaching Associate Full-time - [SURNAME]”.
Kindly submit your application on or before 19 May 2023, 5 pm.
INVITATION: ASOG Webinar on “Trilateral Cooperation Among Philippines, United States, and Japan: Acceptability, Implications, and Impact on Regional Security” (27 June 2023)
09 Jun 2023