CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Program Manager (Inclusive Democracy)
14 Dec 2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Unit: Ateneo School of Government (ASOG)
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
Duration: Three Months (probationary period); subject to extension
Report to: Ateneo Policy Center Head
Program: Inclusive Democracy
I. Brief Description
The Ateneo School Government (ASOG) is the public-sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University. The School’s long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public servants. It aims to contribute in building prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in the Philippines, empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASOG's academic and executive education programs bridge the gap between classroom wisdom and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research and extension programs, and its work with public, private, and community organizations, ASOG continues to develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches in areas such as leadership, poverty eradication, climate change, social accountability, and politics.
II. Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Ateneo Policy Center (APC), the Program Manager shall lead and oversee the implementation of projects on research areas under the Inclusive democracy portfolio, which includes political dynasties and electoral reform, political economy, institutional reform, media and disinformation, and public opinion.
The Program Manager is expected to perform the following:
- Oversee project operations in cooperation with the implementing partners;
- Assist the ASOG Dean and Head of Ateneo Policy Center in the expansion of its network and engaging high-level partners, expert advisors, and other stakeholders for the dissemination of project outputs;
- Provide overall technical and operational assistance to the ASOG Dean and the Head of Ateneo Policy Center in developing and ensuring the uptake of evidence-based research outputs generated by the project/s;
- Lead the development, and ensure high quality, of any research and information materials that will be produced by project/s;
- In coordination with the Ateneo Policy Center Head, lead the planning and execution of project activities in coordination with the implementing partners and other activities of the Ateneo Policy Center;
- Supervise the technical and administrative staff of the project/s;
- Manage the project monitoring, evaluation and learning framework, and prepare periodic reports and other documentation requirements, for internal and external reporting, and ensure that all activities and transactions are in accordance with the set rules, guidelines, policies, and processes of APC-ASOG, ADMU, and the project’s funder; and
- Serve as the primary representative of the project/s, the, Ateneo Policy Center Head, and ASOG for all activities.
III. Description of Education, Competence, and Required Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters, ABD or PhD) in economics, public policy, and/or international development policy with a focus on quantitative analysis (ongoing completion of an advanced degree may be considered);
- Significant training in statistical analysis, ideally involving experience in applied econometric analysis of social, economic, and development indicators, is an advantage;
- Thematic familiarity with governance and institutions, public opinion, electoral reform, and/or political economy research;
- Working knowledge of using statistical analysis platforms such as STATA or R is a plus;
- Has at least two years of project management experience;
- Graphics presentation and research communication skills are an advantage;
- Can efficiently handle and deliver outputs with minimal supervision;
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English, and excellent interpersonal communications skills in Filipino; and
- Has excellent organizational skills and is able to contribute to team research processes.
IV. Application Requirements
All interested applicants must submit the following:
1. An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Philip Arnold P. Tuaño, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government
2. Curriculum Vitae
Please submit the required documents via email to email@example.com and use “[SURNAME] – Program Manager” as email subject. The deadline for the submission of applications is extended until May 30, 2023.
School Chaplains SY 2023–2024 (Memo U2324-003)
07 Jun 2023