CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Research Assistant (Resilient Housing Project)
16 Jun 2023
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Period: 01 July 2023 to September 31, 2023 (3 months initial contract; subject to extension)
Position Title: Research Assistant (Resilient Housing Project)
Department/Office: Ateneo Policy Center
Reports to: Head of Ateneo Policy Center
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
The Research Assistant provides overall research and administrative assistance in the planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring projects agreed upon by the center’s management team.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, or any related field, with above-average academic performance; Masteral units an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills and appreciation of development;
- Thematic familiarity with governance and institutions and public health;
- Proficiency in graphics presentation and other software used in project implementation is advantageous;
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and deliver high-quality outputs with minimal supervision;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Filipino; and
- Good organizational skills and the ability to contribute effectively to team research processes.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Research Assistant of the Resilient Housing Project is expected to:
- Provide assistance in the development of research outputs such as policy briefs, briefing notes, presentations, empirical papers, and other research outputs, specifically by conducting reviews and analyses of literature, data gathering (may include development of research instruments; conduct of field interviews, surveys, FGDs; review of literature, etc.), as well as data analysis and write-up;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of academic events organized by the Center, which may include but are not limited to conferences, seminars, and research colloquia;
- Lead in the development and maintenance of databases (e.g. database of partners, conferences, experts) for the expansion of networks;
- Lead in the completion of reports and other administrative and financial documents as required in the project implementation; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the project team similar to, and related to the functions enumerated above.
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Philip Arnold P. Tuaño, Dean of the Ateneo School of Government
- Curriculum Vitae
Please submit the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “[SURNAME] – Research Assistant – Resilient Housing” as email subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on June 23, 2023.
Ateneo Debate Society bags the Asian British Parliamentary Championship for the second year in a row
03 Oct 2023
03 Oct 2023