Personal data we collect, acquire, or generate. Unless you expressly indicate your desire to keep your donation confidential, whenever you send us a donation or gift of any kind, we may collect personal data from you, including:
- contact number
- email address
- mailing address (home, office and business)
- Tax Identification Number, if applicable
- a valid identification number, if applicable (e.g., when a Deed of Donation or a Memorandum of Agreement needs to be notarized)
- alumni details, if applicable
- job title/position
- company you are affiliated with
- contact information of representative, in the case of corporate donors
Sometimes, your personal data is sent to or received by us even without our prior request. In such cases, we shall determine if we can legitimately keep such information. If it is not related to any of our legitimate interests, we shall immediately dispose of the information in a way that will safeguard your privacy. Otherwise, we shall treat it as if you have provided it to us directly.
How we use your personal data. To the extent permitted or required by law, we use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as an organization, including a variety of administrative, communication, research, historical, and statistical purposes. For instance, we may use your personal data for:
- issuance and delivery of your Official Receipt
- issuance of your Certificate of Donation
- execution of a Deed of Donation, Memorandum of Agreement or Understanding, and similar agreements or documents
- sending you a letter of acknowledgment or appreciation, announcement or invitation, or special greeting on your birthday or during Christmas
- communicating fundraising campaign opportunities you may be interested in
- announcement of and/or invitation to relevant University events, whether for acknowledgment, transparency, or promotion purposes
- feature write-up in the University website to inspire similar giving from potential donors
- updating of your personal data in our University alumni database and donor database, if applicable
- compiling statistics and conducting research for internal and statutory reporting purposes
- auditing purposes
How we disclose or share your personal data. We may disclose, share, or transfer your personal information to other persons or organizations pursuant to the legitimate interests of the University or the third party concerned or if required or permitted by law, and subject to the applicable access restriction of the University. Recipients of your personal data may include:
- service providers of the University
- relevant government agencies and/or public authorities
- organizations affiliated with the University (e.g., Ateneo Alumni Association Inc., Ateneo Alumni Scholars Association, Philippine Jesuit Aid Association Inc., Philippine Jesuit Foundation Inc., and Tulong Dunong Foundation Inc.)
Please note that, in cases where we believe your consent is needed, we shall secure such consent before we disclose, share, or transfer your personal data. When so required by law or regulations, we will also make sure to adopt contractual means to guarantee the protection of your personal data when these are shared with others.
How we store or retain your personal data. Your personal data is transmitted and stored securely in paper and electronic formats. Access to your personal data is limited to University personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their official functions or duties. The data are kept for as long as necessary to achieve the declared purpose of their collection or generation.
How we protect your personal data. We ensure the protection of your personal data by implementing appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures. They include requiring Non-Disclosure Agreements for University personnel and contracts with third parties that feature data protection clauses.
How you may exercise your rights with respect to your personal data. You have rights under the law regarding your personal data. Should you wish to exercise any of them, or if you have some questions relating to the University’s data protection efforts, you may contact the proper office or unit that received your donation or gift, or the University Data Protection Office (UDPO) through the following:
University Data Protection Office
+63 2 8426-6001 local 4801
Room 200, Manila Observatory Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Ave, Loyola Heights 1108 Quezon City
Complaints/Security Incidents: email@example.com
Other University policies. Other policies of the University, which are not inconsistent with this one, will continue to apply.
Severability. If any provision of this Privacy Notice is found to be unenforceable or invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the other provisions, which will remain in full force and effect.
Changes to this Privacy Notice. We may, from time to time, make changes to this Privacy Notice. On such occasions, we shall let you know through our University website and, when permissible, other means of communication. Any modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our website.